What should students know as a result of schooling?
Click on the grade level to locate a grade specific curriculum guide. These guides include language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, social emotional learning, fine arts, technology and physical education and health. Our curriculum guides answer the question, "What should our students know and be able to do as a result of their schooling in each subject area?"
- Kindergarten Curriculum Guide
- 1st Grade Curriculum Guide
2nd Grade Curriculum Guide
3rd Grade Curriculum Guide
4th Grade Curriculum Guide
5th Grade Curriculum Guide
6th Grade Curriculum Guide
7th Grade Curriculum Guide
8th Grade Curriculum Guide
The Illinois Learning Standards define what all students in all Illinois public schools should know and be able to do in the seven core areas as a result of their elementary and secondary schooling.
English Language Arts Learning Targets
Specific learning targets are listed by grade for English Language Arts (ELA) (formerly known as Language Arts). Below are PDFs with the ELA learning targets listed for each trimester or quarter per grade level. Visit the Illinois State Board of Education website for more information on the Illinois Learning Standards for English Language Arts.
- Kindergarten ELA Learning Targets
- 1st Grade ELA Learning Targets
- 2nd Grade ELA Learning Targets
- 3rd Grade ELA Learning Targets
- 4th Grade ELA Learning Targets
- 5th Grade ELA Learning Targets
- 6th Grade ELA Learning Targets
- 7th Grade ELA Learning Targets
- 8th Grade ELA Learning Targets
Specific learning targets are listed by grade for Math.