Click here for information regarding fall MAP testing
PES - Fall MAP Testing
Schools Required to Post New Sign at Entrances
Safety Procedure Updates
Student Drop-off Reminders
Child Drop-Off will occur in the parking lot on the south side of the building by the main Entrance (See map in "PES DOWNLOADS"). Parents will enter the parking lot from Horatio and proceed to the Vehicle Staging Area located along the north curb adjacent to the school. A staff member will function as a Traffic Flow controller directing all vehicles dropping off and picking up children. Pay attention to the Flow Controller. The Flow Controller will direct all Traffic in the Vehicle Staging Area up to the Drop-Off Area.
* Please say your goodbyes in the Vehicle Staging Area, and be ready to exit at the Drop-Off location. Upon entering the Child Drop-Off area, a staff member will open your car door and direct the child to the appropriate destination.
* Do not let your children out of the car until a staff member has opened your door.
* Drivers must remain in their vehicle. If you choose to park, the Flow Controller will direct you to Pritchett’s back parking lot area. After drop-off, proceed out of the parking lot making a RIGHT TURN ONLY onto Horatio.
The New Way To Register for Clubhouse:
D102 Families Receive Discount for Summer Wonders Program
District 102 is pleased to announce its revised summer curriculum, the Summer Wonders program which offers three sessions, June 18-29, July 2-13, and July 16-27. Classes will be held at Meridian Middle School for prekindergarten through current seventh graders. D102 families will receive a $150 discount off the listed price per session. Scholarships are also available. The brochure is available for download. For more information, please contact the Center for Gifted at 847-901-0173 or email@example.com.
Lost & Found
With the frequent temperature changes, children may remove their coats/jackets while playing outside. Please label all your children's outerwear for easy identification. There is a lost & found bin in the multi-purpose room.
Dental Exam Requirement
All children in kindergarten, 2nd, and 6th Grade are required to have an oral health examination in Illinois. Each child must present proof of examination by a licensed dentist prior to May 15 of the school year. If a child in Grade 2 or Grade 6 fails to present proof by May 15, the school may hold the child’s report card until one of the following occurs:
1. The child presents a Proof of School Dental Examination form.
2. The child presents a Dental Examination Waiver form.
3. The child presents an exemption based on religious grounds.
4. The child presents proof that a dental examination will take place within 60 days after May 1st.
The State of Illinois Dental Examination form is available on the District Health Services webpage and also in your school’s Health Office. Please submit to school the completed form after your child receives his/her dental exam.
Early Childhood Program Information
Please see the Early Childhood tab located under District Info for more information on the Early Childhood Program call 847-353-5701.
Important information from the Nurse!
Pertussis (Whooping Cough) Facts
Lake County is experiencing an increase in reported cases of whooping cough over the past several months. There also have been more reported cases than normal in our bordering counties of McHenry & Cook.
The IL Department of Public Health reminds us that "early recognition, diagnosis, treatment, reporting, and preventive measures" are essential to control and prevent further transmission. Additionally, "Pertussis poses the greatest risk to infants, who have illness that is more serious and are more likely to have complications and be hospitalized than persons in other age groups." Please read the Pertussis Fact sheet prepared by the Lake County Health Department for more information, http://www.lakecountyil.gov/Health/want/pages/CD.aspx