Registration for After School Programs begins February 4th and ends February 18th. Register early for your first choices. Class sizes are limited and tend to fill up quickly
MMS - After School Program Registration
Meridian Students Join Millions in One Song
EL Interactive Event on Wednesday, February 17
Parents with children enrolled in the D102 ELL program are invited to the English Language Learners / Bilingual Interactive Event on Wednesday, February 17 from 7:00-8:30pm. Childcare is provided for children 5 years and older. Click here for registration and information. Please RSVP by February 10.
MMS - Lighted Schoolhouse February 12
Our second Lighted Schoolhouse of the year is on Friday, February 12th from 7-9PM. Please see flyer attached.
D102 Communications Program Update
Meridian Communication Specialist Barbara Kagan and Aptakisic Creative Innovation Specialist Charlene Chausis shared an update with Board members. Two years ago, TED-Ed started their club program as a way to celebrate the ideas of students around the globe. Through TED-Ed Clubs, students, with the help of an adult facilitator, work on storytelling and communications skills around ideas that matter most to them. Both Meridian and Aptakisic signed on, four D102 staff completed facilitator training, and more than 30 students showed interest. "During the past two years, Meridian has expanded from debate and public speaking to include drama, theater and TED-Ed presentations," notes Ms. Kagan
5th Grader Wins Meridian Spelling Bee
Congratulations to fifth grader Austin Golinkin who spelled a-c-e-t-o-n-e correctly to win the Meridian Spelling Bee. One student from each of the fifth and sixth grade classrooms had earned a spot to compete in the January 19 Spelling Bee. Austin advances to the Sectional Competition on Wednesday, February 24 at South Park School in Deerfield. Thank you to sixth grade teacher Mrs. Lori Wisnauski for organizing and hosting this event.
Tell Us What You Think About Your Child's School
We want to know what you think and will only receive survey results if 20% of parents from each school complete the 5-Essentials survey. Please share feedback about your child's school on the 2016 5-Essentials Survey.
District 102 PTO Election Information due by March 9
If you are interested in running for an Executive PTO Board position, please fill out the application form and email it Mara Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do this no later than March 9, 2016. You may also respond without the form by just emailing the information. If you have any questions, please contact Mara Lewis or Renee Alberico. More details.
- Meridian Middle School Hosted Encore Night
- More than 70 Alumni Played at D102 Concert
- AJHS Cheerleading Team Wowed the Crowd
- Meridian Students Present Business Plans
- Board Commended D102 Orchestra/Music Program
- MMS - January, 2016 Menu
- World of Wonders 2016 Summer School Dates Announced
- Hieroglyphic Writing Popular Tour Attraction
- SHS Students Lead Meridian PE Classes
- Assessment Reports to be Mailed December 10
- Meridian Students Star in Homework Man Video
- Meridian Students Tour Sixth Grade Egyptian Museum Exhibit
- MMS - Winter Wonder Programs
- MMS - Student Council Shows Appreciation
- PTO Cookbooks & Save Around Books
- MMS - PTO Sponsored Storyteller
- Meridian Media Center Director Honored by ISU
- English Language Learners / Bilingual Interactive Event, November 10
- MMS - After School Registration
- MMS - Parent/Child Book Club
Page 1 of 3