- Mosaic, the AJHS annual variety show, will be holding a performance on Wednesday, March 12th at 7 in the evening in the large gym. There is no cost for tickets but donations will be accepted at the door. Make sure to bring enough money to buy some treats at the intermission bake sale. All of the money collected will benefit Lady Gaga's Born This Way Foundation.
- Want to learn how to dance like the stars? Or at least learn a few cool moves to do at the graduation dance and at homecoming, turnabout, and prom in high school? Aptakisic Ballroom Dance Club sign-ups are now open for interested 8th graders! You do not need to come with a partner, and you do not need to have any prior dance experience. The club will start after spring break from 3:00-3:45 once a week. The day of the week will be chosen based on interested students' availability. Please see Mrs. Leibach in Room 208 to sign up or to ask questions!
- Wrestlers.... pictures are in. If you ordered pictures, please see Mr. Livingston or Ms. Walsh.
Morning Announcements - March 10, 2014
Congratulations Award Winners at Regional Science Fair
We are very proud of our Gold Award Winners Sanketh B., Deepak M., and Saketh P. Aishu S., Shreya S. and Alisa W. and to Keesan P. for the Silver award! All of our students have been invited to compete in the State Science Fair!
Don't miss MOSAIC Variety Show!
Stevenson's Co-Curricular Fair March 19
The annual Co-Curricular Fair for incoming freshmen will be held Wednesday, March 19 in the Field House. The event allows members of Stevenson's Class of 2018 an opportunity to find out information about student involvement outside the classroom and hear from club, sports team, and the intramural program representatives.
Mrs. Nudelman receives Blackhawk's 'Top Shelf' Award
Congratulations to Aptakisic Junior High Social Studies teacher Mrs. Bebe Nudelman who was selected for the Top Shelf Teacher award. Blackhawks and the University of Phoenix recognize one teacher from Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin at each home game who "strives to make a positive impact in and around their classroom." Mrs. Nudelman was honored at a the home game against the Colorado Avalanche on March 4.
AJHS Student Wins Sectional Spelling Bee for Third Consecutive Year
Congratulations to seventh grader Ani Nuthalapati who spelled 'genteel' to win the Sectional Spelling Bee for the third consecutive year. Ani competed on February 26 with spelling champions from 47 schools. On March 20, he will compete in the Lake County Spelling Bee, and the winner will go to the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C. Good luck Ani!
Building Student Schedules for 2014/15 School Year
Parent ELL Meeting at AJHS - March 12, 7:00 P.M.
- Mosaic Variety Show at AJHS, March 12 at 7:00 P.M.
- Aptakisic Junior High Student Council Makes a Difference!
- AJHS National Junior Honor Society applications due March 18
- Morning Announcements - March 7, 2014
- 8th Grade Graduation Party Planning
- Aptakisic Insider - AJHS School Newsletter, Februrary 2014
- Emergency Day Use Update - Last Day of School Changed to June 11
- 5th-8th Grade Parent Personal Technology Survey
- AJHS Students Advance to Region 6 Science Fair
- Updates from Mrs. Frost - check out the "Nurse Blog"
Page 1 of 4