Daily Announcements - February 26, 2015
Daily Announcements - February 25, 2015
- ATTENTION 8th GRADERS GOING TO WASHINGTON D.C.--- There is a MANDATORY meeting for all students traveling with the school to Washington D.C. on Thursday morning at 7am in the cafeteria. You will be receiving "goodie bags" filled with important information concerning departure, packing, and trip guidelines. All students will be required to sign in verifying they were present. Questions - see Ms. Nudelman in room 204.
- POMS TRYOUTS for the 2015 season will be on March 17th and March 18th. The time on March 17th is 3:00pm to 4:45pm. The time on March 18th is 3:00pm until all tasks are finished. This can go past 4:45pm, so please arrange for ride home. A CURRENT sports physical is required to participate, including the tryouts. If you have questions on sports physicals, please see Mr.s Frost. If you have other questions, please see Mrs. Weinstein, Mrs. Stolberg or Mr. Livingston.
- TRACK AND FIELD starts on March 23rd. There are no tryouts for this sport. You MUST have a CURRENT sports physical on file with Mrs. Frost. Check the board outside of her office. If you have questions on sports physicals, please see Mrs, Frost, if you have questions on Track and Field, please see Mrs. Giuliano, Mr. Eifert or Mr. Livingston.
- CHEMISTRY CLUB will meet TODAY, Wednesday, after school. We will be performing two decomposition reactions.
Leadership Roles at Stevenson High School
To: Junior High Parents
From: Stevenson High School Representative
Is your child a bright young leader interested in preparing themselves for future involvement in leadership roles in high school? If so, there is a novel opportunity to learn about leadership roles at Stevenson. a fun-filled leadership workshop for March 20th from 5-10. The purpose of this event is to provide prospective student leaders an opportunity to learn about leadership roles at Stevenson first-hand from current SHS student leaders. The event will be completely planned and run by the officers of student council (President, Vice Presidents, Historian, Treasurer, Secretary, and the School board rep).
This event includes icebreakers, leadership activities, dinner, a guest keynote speaker, and a mixer (hosted by DJ club) to close off the night. The fee is $25, which includes a t-shirt, dinner, and valuable leadership to help your children learn about student involvement at Stevenson. This workshop will be held Friday, March 20th from 5:30-10. Payment options include a check made out to "Stevenson High School," or $25 cash payment at the door.
Click here to find out more about this through the SHS website.This event will be open to all 7th and 8th Grade boys and girls from the feeder schools to Stevenson.
Please use the form below to sign up for the workshop by March 13th at the latest. We would appreciate if you tried to fill out the form as soon as you can. Payment options are listed in the form.
We hope to see you there! If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Nine Projects Advance to Regional Science Fair
Alumni Share Advice with 8th Graders and Parents
Vision & Hearing Screening in March
Vision and hearing screening will be done the week of March 2nd for selected 7th graders and the week of March 16th for all 8th graders.
Illinois law requires that all 8th graders have vision screening. If the student wears glasses or contact lenses, screening is not required but the glasses will be checked for defects and the students will be asked when they were last seen by the eye doctor. All SPED students in 7th and 8th grade and all students who are new to D102 will receive vision and hearing screening. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Frost at 847.353.5508 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Morning Drop Off
When dropping students off in the morning, please pull as far forward as possible. The doors are open on either side of the vestibule. Thank you :)
Congratulations Mrs. McIntyre!
- Assets (AJH Social Worker's Newsletter) - January, 2015
- Student Council Members Volunteer at Northern Illinois Food Bank
- AJHS - Missing Lunch Cards (ID)
- Alumni Band Concert a Great Success!
- AJHS - Assets (Social Worker's Newsletter)
- AJHS - Trimester 1 Mailing
- AJHS - Insider
- AJHS - Social/Emotional Learning Program
- AJHS - Fitness Room Open
- AJHS - National Junior Honor Society Prepares Students to be Leaders
Page 1 of 4