We Appreciate Teachers!!!!!
Important end of year information from Mrs. Frost
AJHS Morning Announcements - May 22, 2013
- FINAL PALS EVENT OF THE YEAR! Please plan to stay after school for our end of the year PALS pizza party social TODAY from 3-3:45pm. We will meet in Room 117 and may go outside from there!
- Unearth the newly renovated space at the Vernon Area Public Library and join one of the Summer Reading Clubs! The annual kick off at the library will be on June 9. Enjoy music and dirt cup sundaes from Culvers. You can sign up online or in person at the library.
- The Student Council sponsored Fundraiser Festival is this Friday! Be sure to bring money to your study hall to help raise money and sign up to take part in the 3 on 3 basketball tournament on Friday. You can sign up during your lunch period. $1 per person or $3 per team.
- 7th grade students interested in doing Chorus in 8th grade should see Mrs. Kruper for information before the end of the school year.
- The last meeting for ABC club will be held today, Wednesday, May 22 in the cafeteria from 3:00-3:45. Thank you for all your hard work this year.
- Attention all 7th graders participating in the iPad Tutorial Contest: Please remember your finished tutorial is due to Mrs. Chausis & Mrs. Cantagallo by 3:00 pm next Tuesday. Upload your finished movie to Google Drive and share the file with both teachers.
- Scholastic Bowl will be holding a Staff against the students match this Thursday after school to 3:45. All Scholastic Bowl members should let the coaches know if they can attend by 4th period on Thursday. Staff members are also needed to play or officiate!
PTO Presents Student Awards
The PTO presents awards in several categories each year. Congratulations to Ruchi Naik and Tyler Shultz who received the Bob Basofin Award, for exemplifying commitment to service, community involvement and leadership. Congratulations to Ndallah Njongmeta who received the Douglas Parks Award given to an outstanding student who teachers feel exemplifies the school's Universal Values of Integrity. Read the complete article.
Ballroom Dancing (Co-Curricular) a Hit AJHS
Aptakisic Showcases Co-Curricular Activities for Incoming Students
eSkape 7th Grade End of Year Outing - June 6
We have a change in plans in regards to the eSkape field trip for the 7th graders on June 6, 2013. We were recently informed that eSkape has changed ownership and will be closed for the summer beginning May 31, 2013. With quick research by Mrs. Friman (our field trip coordinator), we were able to change the location of this trip.
Our June 6th field trip will now be at Brunswick Zone XL on Randall Road in Algonquin. This is a new facility and the laser tag is much larger than eSkape. All students who have paid for the field trip will receive a free 30 minute card to play games in their arcade. We will be leaving AJHS at 9:30 and will return to school by 2:00. Students will take their regular bus routes home. The deadline for the field trip payment was May 10. If you have any further questions or would still like to sign up, please feel free to call the school office or email Mrs. Friman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8th Grade Dance and Graduation Ceremony
Friday, May 31 from 6:30 - 8:30 P.M.
Graduation Ceremony at SHS
Monday, June 3 at 7:00 P.M.
(students must arrive at 6:15, doors open for guests at 6:30)
- Summer Reading Club - Vernon Hills Library
- Final Details for 8th Grade Graduation
- Springfield Trip 2013 - 7th Grade
- Audition opportunity for current 8th graders
- School Supply List 2013/14 - Grades 7 & 8
- Annual Residency Verification for Fifth and Seventh Graders
- Incoming 7th Grade Parent Night a Success!
- Assets for April (Special Edition on Teen Suicide Prevention) - AJHS Social Work Newsletter
- AJHS Insider - School Newspaper
- EXPLORE Test Access Code Change
Page 1 of 4