Girls Volleyball - January tryouts
Parent Survey - Tell us what you think
Please take a few minutes to complete the 2013 parent survey. We appreciate your time and feedback. Continual improvement is an important part of providing top-notch education for our children. Please take this ten-question parent survey.
morning Announcements - December 4, 2013
- Volunteers needed for the PTO 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament, Saturday, December 7. Sign up to volunteer in the office. We need help with set-up and break down, concessions, scorekeepers, and referees. You will earn NJHS credit with this service opportunity.
- Wrestling season has started! Anyone interested in wrestling can join now. there is no tryout. You need a current sports physical on file with Mrs. Frost to participate. If you have questions on sports physicals, please see Mrs. Frost. If you have any other questions please see Mr. Rosenak, Ms. Walsh or Mr. Livingston.
- The D102 Holiday Stars program is in full swing. Help out during this holiday season by purchasing a holiday gift item for a child in need. You can take a star off the widow display case in the lobby, purchase that item, and bring the star and the item to the office to donate. Don't have time to shop? Make a cash donation in the school office! All donations should be brought to the office by December 13th. See Mrs. Lewis with any questions.
- All band students be sure to bring your iPad to band rehearsal today.
- Attention PALS members: We will be meeting after school on Monday, December 9th, in room 117. At that time, your friendship interviews must be completed and submitted in the google form, which you can find on Schoology. Your interview can take place on the phone, over email, through texts, or in person. See or email Mrs. Lewis with any questions.
- Calling all D102 Filmmakers . . . How would you like to have your own movie screened at the White House and/or displaced on The White House web site? The White House Student Film Festival has just been announced for students in grades K-12 to produce and submit films (3 minutes or shorter) that highlight the power of technology you use at school. For more information, please visit: http://wh.gov/filmfestival. Also, download the application and official rules at:http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/image/files/studentfilmfes... Also, there will be (optional) informational meetings for the Basic Mentoring Project after school on Wednesday at MMS and Thursday at AJHS in the Library/Media Centers. We will also share information on the White House project at these meetings.
- Yearbook club will be meeting this Thursday after school in the computer lab. New members are always welcome.
- Today's Lunch: Two Oven Baked Chicken Sliders Served on A Turano Roll or Grilled Cheese Served on Whole Wheat Bread. All Served with Roasted Carrots.
Winter PTO Events
Here is some information about upcoming PTO events in December. We hope you find this information helpful!
The D102 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament will take place at Aptakisic on . A free throw contest will occur from . All families are invited and concessions will be available.
District 102 is having a Benefit day at Panera Bread on at both nearby locations -- 2001 Milwaukee Avenue and 1228 West Dundee Road. Stop by during the day or evening to get something yummy to eat and mention that you are part of District 102. A percentage of the money spent will be donated to District 102's PTO.
Student Council Food Drive
Time Management = Stress Management Parent Presentation
Mrs. Lewis, our Social Worker had this presentation during the parent/teacher conferences last week. For those parents who missed the presentation, click here!
8th Grade Placement Testing at SHS
Dear Parents of the SHS Class of 2018,
In December, Stevenson High School begins the freshman placement process for your 8th grade student. This process includes benchmark exams in various subjects, 8th grade teacher recommendations, and a nationally normed exam suitable for 8th graders, the EXPLORE, which will be held in January. This letter outlines all the necessary information regarding the 8th grade students sitting for the EXPLORE exam. This information is always available on the SHS website at www.d125.org
Important Info from our School Nurse
Please read Mrs. Frost's blog, http://d102.org/blogs/
Page 1 of 3