Migrating a calendar from FirstClass to Google involves two steps:
- Export the calendar from FirstClass
- Import the calendar into Google
Export your FirstClass calendar
- Log into FirstClass and open your Calendar.
- Select a single event.
- From the "File" Menu, select "Export".
- In the window that appears, choose "All events and tasks" and "iCalendar (.ics)".
- Click "OK".
- Rename the exported file/s (i.e. MyEvents.ics). Leave the file extension intact.
- Click "Save".
Import your events into Google Calendar
- Log into your D102 Google account.
- Switch to Calendar.
- If you want to import the events into your main calendar, skip to step 5.
- If you want your imported events to appear in their own calendar, click the triangle next to "My calendars" and select "Create new calendar".
- Click the triangle next to "Other calendars" and select "Import calendar".
- In the window that appears, click "Choose file" and locate the file you save above.
- From the "Calendar" drop down, choose the calendar where you want the events to be saved.
- Click "Import".