1a. Open Keynote and create your presentation.
1b. Alternatively, open an existing Powerpoint presentation in Keynote by selecting File-> Open and navigating to your Powerpoint presentation.
2. Once your presentation is complete, select Play-> Record Slideshow. This will record your slideshow along with your narrations and slide timing.
Note: The slideshow and recording will begin immediately.
3. Once you have finished your narration, it is time to export it to a movie file. To do this, select File -> Export.
4. Choose the Quicktime export option and select the same options selected in the photo below.
5. Select where you will save your file.
6. Keynote will now export your narrated slide show as a Quicktime video.
7. Once you are done exporting, please drag the resulting movie file onto the program called "Screencast Reduce". This will reduce the file size of your screencast to a file size appropriate for posting online.
Screencast Reduce can be downloaded by clicking here. If you want to make sure you have the latest version of Screencast Reduce, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note A: Depending on the size of your screencast this may take a long time.
Note B: This process will drain your battery very quickly. It is recomended that you have your computer plugged in before reducing the size of your screencast.
8. As long as the gear keeps rotating in the upper right hand corner of your screen, the file is still being processed and reduced in file size.
9. When the program is finished, you will have a file on your desktop called [yourfilename].m4v. This is your screencast in a reduced size file.